Creating Interactive Canvases

How are you dear Elt Days followers? I hope you are healthy and happy. I have been pretty busy with my midterms, so I am a little tired. However, today I am here with lots of beneficial information. 

As you know, I am currently on a project and we had our second meeting on Friday via Zoom. I must say, I had a lot of fun! 

At the first session of the meeting, we have been introduced a website called Linoit. It gives you a blank canvas, and then you can stick as many as note cards with your friends, students,etc. Melda teacher had already created a board for us and she wanted us to brainstorm about what could be the story behind that picture. I wanted to show it to you guys but unfortunately I could not find it online. After thinking for a while, she divided us into groups and send us to private rooms to write a story for that picture. She gave us 15 minutes, I guess. But it was not enough of course... It was time consuming to get organised and start writing down some ideas. But once we decided 5 words that we would used, we finished writing the story pretty fast. When we returned to the main room, we saw what other groups have written. Then, she played a song, which I have heard before but I could not remember the name of it. When the song was over, She sent us back to our group rooms and wanted us to imagine a video clip for that song. After returning to our main room, we examined other ideas and Melda teacher showed us the original video clip. 

After the break, we had played a game, Who is the murderer? As the name suggests, there was a murder and we were supposed to find out the murderer by tracking down the evidences. Before the session started, Melda teacher had already given us some cards, written some information about each character and the house plan where the murder took place. She gave us 20 minutes and send us to private rooms. We have read our characters one by one and tried to find out the murderer. It was an entertaining game.I don't know if you liked the activities, but I definitely plan to use these in my classes. 

At the last session, Melda teacher wanted us to discuss alternative approaches to ELT based on Global English language teaching. We had answered some reflection questions about the topic and shared personal opinions. And so, we had ended our session. We will take break for a week because of our mind terms, so I wont be uploading anything next week. 

Thank you for reading, take care.... 

See you :)))

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Update on 21st Century Skills Training

Are you a Digital Native or an Immigrant?

Gender & Education